Applied Post-separation Parenting (APP)
What is the APP Program?
As parents we want what is best for our children, we want to keep them healthy, safe, and close to us.
We can appreciate and understand that co-parenting after separation may be challenging especially under high conflict.
The APP program is a post-separation parenting program that assist parents to minimise the detrimental impacts on children following separation and divorce.
The APP program is unique in that parents will receive personalised assistance and support from certified professionals, to consolidate and apply the knowledge and skills they learn to their specific family circumstances and day to day interaction with their children and/or co-parents.
Why choose the APP Program?
- No waiting-list.
- Ease of accessibility: The APP can be completed fully online through utilising video conferencing technology.
- Flexibility: The APP can be completed fully online through utilising video conferencing technology.
- Personalised: Coaching and training sessions are tailored to your specific family situation and circumstances.
- Positive skills for life: Develop lifelong skills for you and your children.
- World’s best practice: Online modules developed by international experts on high conflict behaviour from latest research.
How the APP Program helps you
- Focus on the best interest of your child/ren
- Learn the importance of protecting your child/ren (and yourself) from parental conflict.
- Identifies child/ren’s developmental needs and how you can protect them during the process of separation.
- Learn skills that will help you to improve your ability to negotiate with your co-parent and strategies to achieve better outcomes.
- Explores strategies for parents to increase their resilience and ability to work with their co-parent.
- Strategies to help your child/ren adapt to parental separation and cope with parental conflict.
Who is the APP Program for?
- Parents who may be referred by other professionals or ordered by the family court
- Parents going through separation or divorce
- New partners, Step-parents
- Other people who provide care for children
APP Plus (APP+) is specifically designed to support families through post-separation who are currently having Child Contact Sessions.
APP Program Online Modules
- Managed Emotions
- Flexible Thinking
- Moderate Behaviours
- Checking Yourself
- Extreme Behaviours & Effects on your Child’s Brain
- Raising Healthy Children with your Co-parent
- Child Developmental Goals
- Parenting Schedules
- Using Professionals
- New Partners, New Families
- Handling Financial Issues
- Avoid becoming a High Conflict case
APP Program Overview:
- Twelve self-paced online modules (~12 hours)
Includes videos, readings, quizzes.
- Self-reflection journal (90+ Pages)
Comprehensive journal with simulations, life applications, and future-focused activities.
- Personalised Coaching
A Professional Coach will identify areas of learning and improvement to develop a personalied coaching plan for the parent. Sessions may include theory re-consolidation, discussions/simulations of their experiences, and/or preparation for ay upcoming situations.
- Learning-in-Action (LIA) Training*
Sessions of training delivered in conjunction with Child Contact Services. LIA trainers observe and assist parents to integrate the child-focused learning components taught in the online modules with real life interactions with their children (and/or co-parent) during their child contact sessions or changeovers.
Certificate of progress and/or completion:
The Certificate of completion can be provided to your lawyer, family reporter/s, the court, or other professionals related to your family matter.
Certificate of Completion:
For the APP Program (satisfactorily complete components 1, 2, & 3)
For the APP+ Program (satisfactorily complete components 1, 2, 3, & 4)
Our friendly Customer Service Excellence Team will assist you every step of the way.